Last night (June 5th) at Analia Chapter, under Good of the Order, I told everyone we were going to Tennessee. To get them in the mood, I walked around the chapter room reading some of the strange laws that are in existence there – like:
- It is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish.
- It is illegal to fire a gun at any wild game other than whales from a moving car.
- A law exists which prohibits the sale of bologna on Sunday.
- It is against the law to drive a car while sleeping.
- In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself; “a man must walk or run in front of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.”
As everyone was laughing, I said there was something I had to do – announce the new Grand Representative of Tennessee in Washington – Linda Kolb. The chapter erupted in applause and she received a standing ovation as I took her to the East. She was dumbfounded and almost speechless, which is very unusual for her. Linda is an incredibly hard worker and very dedicated to the chapter and her family. Everyone is very happy for her.
Stephanie Hoye, Worthy Grand Matron