OES WA Calendar

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Grand Representative of Kentucky

It was with great pleasure that I was able to present the Commission of Grand Representative of Kentucky to Syliva Agranoff of Oasis Chapter, Ephrata on Monday, June 2nd.  Sister Sylvia is a 58 year member of Oasis Chapter and I believe has been our Warder for the last 42 years!  
Since Flag Day is coming soon, I decided to incorporate a tribute to our Flag to lead into the presentation.  I asked several of our members for their help including Sister Sylvia.  At the conclusion of the Flag tribute, I thanked everyone for their help and then remembered that I had one other flag to honor.  I asked Worthy Matron Janelle Hearn if I could approach the East and also asked Sister Sylvia if she would help me.  We both went to East where I handed her the flag of Kentucky.  She had no idea what was happening until I read the certificate of her appointment.  Sister Sylvia was speechless and very thrilled for this honor that she never expected.  Oasis Chapter members and visitors are also thrilled and excited for a very deserving sister to receive this special honor. Nine Former Grand Representatives were in attendance for this great announcement. 
Nancy Peterson
Grand Martha 

No comments: