OES WA Calendar

Friday, February 6, 2015

Another Grand Representative

I am pleased to announce that I presented the Grand Representative commission of New Hampshire to Barbara Kaiser at Crown Chapter tonight (February 5th).  I had several officers and visitors open an envelope and read a fun fact about New Hampshire and I had a "souvenir" to go with each fact.  For example:  The first potato planted in the US was in New Hampshire, so I had a potato in the gift bag and the first state to have a lottery was New Hampshire, hence a state lottery scratch ticket was in the gift bag.  The holder of envelope #7 opened the envelope and the card stated, "Congratulations!  You are the new Grand Representative of New Hampshire".  Barbara could hardly read the card and while the audience applauded I helped her up to the East.  Barbara serves as Treasurer and is listed in the Blue Book.  She is also a charter member of Crown Chapter, so this honor was very special for me to give and for Barbara to receive.
Star Love,
Melanie Boss, Grand Ruth

No comments: