OES WA Calendar

Monday, October 16, 2017

New Grand Representative

Saturday, October 14th at the Grand Martha reception, I was honored to present the commission of Grand Representative of Texas in Washington to Dorothy Lockett, of Southgate Chapter, in Burien.
 
At the end of the introduction of the Grand Representatives, I told the Worthy Matron that I thought we had a reluctant Grand Representative who had not stood up for introduction.  I instructed the Conductress to go about the room and find the reluctant Grand Representative and have them stand for introduction. When she got to where Dorothy was seated, she asked her to stand and I asked everyone to greet the new Grand Representative of Texas in Washington.
 
There was a loud and happy applause by all in the room. Homer Lockett, was as proud as could be - and almost lost the buttons from his jacket he was so happy for his wife. 
 
Tess Kent, Grand Martha

No comments: