OES WA Calendar

Monday, May 2, 2011

Update on PGM Marilyn Hoots

Hello dear family and friends,

I came home from the hospital Wednesday afternoon and I am doing very well. I have very little pain, a good appetite and am taking it easy. I have two drain tubes and empty them twice a day. They can be removed when I get less than 30 ccs in a 24 hour period. I can go to the clinic on Bainbridge for that. They called from the surgeons office this morning with the pathology report. The tumor was .8 centimeters and all of the edges were clean. They could not find lymph nodes since they took them all out 27 years ago. I have an appt. on May 17 to see the medical oncologist. I doubt that I will have to have serious follow up. I had a private room in the hospital with a beautiful view of the city. You would have thought that I was in a hotel. I can shower, wash and dry my hair and do as much as I feel like doing without any heavy lifting.

Thank you all so much for your cards, flowers, prayers and good wishes. It is wonderful to have good support. I thank our daughter Kris for being there with us and sending an e-mail from the hospital and our friends Barb and Mark Russell who supported Bill and Doug and Mary K for stopping by. I have to say that the doctors, nurses and all involved did everything possible to make me comfortable. They were all so caring, thorough and under the circumstances it could not have been better. I cannot say enough about the care at Virginia Mason.

Love to all,
Marilyn and Bill

No comments: