OES WA Calendar

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

New Grand Representative

Last night (February 23rd), Amethyst Chapter was the place to be.  Members and guests gathered to honor Deputy Instructors Richard Moulden and Martin Monk.  After all the accolades were given, I asked Worthy Matron Jean Pennington if I could address the chapter.  I took the opportunity to thank Amethyst for allowing me to be a part of their meetings and activities for years.  As I will be unable to attend their meeting in March, I asked if I could have some fun with the members.  Sister Nancy Jorgensen had distributed tickets prior to the meeting to all Amethyst members.  Brother Al Jorgensen drew three numbers and when Sister Nancy read the winning numbers, Sisters Jan Horst, Sandra Monk and Barbara Lampi came to the East.  I presented each one with an envelope, with a Snoopy saying, that revealed their prize.  Sister Jan won a stuffed puppy (“Happiness is a Warm Puppy”) and Sister Sandra a bag of chocolates (“Happiness is a Bag of Chocolates”).  When it came time for Sister Barbara to read her saying, she was speechless.  In a quiet voice she read “WHEEEEE!!!!  I’m the new Grand Representative of South Carolina!” at which point the Chapter erupted in cheers and applauses.  I then presented her with her commission and paperwork after which I had the honor of presenting her with her pin.  It was an awesome end to a fantastic evening!  Congratulations Sister Barbara!
Amy Smith, Grand Martha

No comments: