First OV of Doric Chapter held at Greenwood Chapter on Saturday, July 19th
CLICK HERE for pictures!
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Photos from Washington OES Grand Chapter are online now. You can access them from the two links on the Washington OES website (www.washingtonoes.org) or from this direct link: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos. If you are looking for specific photos and cannot find them online, just email us at email@example.com
Posted by Vicki & Dan at 11:02 PM
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Don't forget to sign up for the OES Golf Tournament benefiting Scottish Rite Care Childhood Language Disorders program. The date is Friday, August 8th at Whispering Firs Golf Course at McChord AFB. Even if you don't play golf, come out i...n the afternoon and spend time with friends from all our organizations and then enjoy the delicious BBQ and raffle prizes. Cost of the BBQ only is $20 per person. Deadline for reservations is next Monday, July 21st. Forms are on the OES blog at http://oeswashington.blogspot.com/ in the right hand column under the calendar. Hope to see you all there!
Monday, July 7, 2014
To everyone who helped make Grand Chapter the big success that it was, thank you for your help and time.
Dianna Kaspar and Paula Sonker, you two have been fabulous since before I was elected as Grand Sentinel. You have gotten better and better every year until your great finale of splenderosity. New word just for you.
A special thank you to Bob Lindsey, Marge Ramsdell and Willie Winstead, (Audio Genius) for your help in introducing the POW/MIA flag to Grand Chapter. It was spectacular. It was very special to me and all of the members who have lost a loved one in war, or been in harms way.
To the Grand Officers, it was all good. Thank you for all the kind words of encouragement and support for the whole year. You were great!
Louise Day, you did a great job on the decorations. The ribbons supplied by each of the chapters were just great and they really made the chapter look festive.
Gerry Stinnett, you did a wonderful job with the music, it is a difficult position. You don't do anything all year the membership hears until Grand Chapter, then you are under the spotlight baby! Good job. Sheryl Accord, my compliments to you and the choir, they came together from all over the state and blended into a beautiful group. Thank you to Gayle Dunstan, Sarah Jane Johnson, Pamela Lee, Carol lee Walk, Cindy Garrett and Lilynne Davis for supporting Gerry with your vast wealth of talent and experience.
Judy Turchin, the march committee held up their end very nicely, it is a difficult job and you handled it with grace and ease.
To everyone else, either a committee chair or member or someone who was walking by and stopped to help, thank you for a wonderful Grand Chapter.
Thank you to all those who attended from other jurisdictions.
Rodger Collins PGP,(JR) & Grand Escort Helen
Sunday, July 6, 2014
Saturday, July 5, 2014
There are a few corrections that people who purchased an “Official Visits & Calendar 2014-15” at Grand Chapter need to be aware of. Page numbers are listed so you can find the places to make corrections easier. Changes are in bold and underlined.
Page 2 – AGP Calvin Russell’s Reception should be September 6, 2014
AGP Calvin’s escort is Mary Helen Johnson
AGC info: Jean Ballard, Stanwood Chapter
Page 3 – Sue Putnam, Grand Adah’s address is in the Blue Book under Doric Chapter
Melanie Boss, Grand Ruth’s address should be the one listed for Sue Putnam
Grand Sentinel Info: Lynn ‘Pete’ Peterson, Oasis Chapter
Page 5 – Eastern Star Charities Foundation
Alice Hughes, Spokane replaces Pete Peterson
Page 6 – FINANCE
Russ Coffman, Guiding Star is Chairman,
Donna Craig, Guiding Star is Secretary
GENERAL FUND RAISING
Jeannette Carroll, Crystal is Chairman,
The times for the events listed below have been corrected on the OESBlog Calendar.
Page 16 – August 3rd -- GrRep Picnic in Centralia is at 11:30 AM
August 6th -- OV Naomi (S) Tyler is at 7:00 PM
Important Message Robert ("Bob") de Bruyn, Worthy Grand Patron of the Grand Chapter of Italy: From Worthy Grand Matron (Elda Levi) advising that, for sound and valid reasons, the first Grand Chapter Session of the Grand Chapter of Italy will not be held in 2015, but WILL BE HELD April 23-24, 2016. Location to be announced later. We realize this news will be disappointing to many members and friends, but please advise one and all that in the year 2016, you shall receive the warmest welcome ever. Grazie & Star Love to All, from Bob deBruyn, WGP of GCI.
Thursday, July 3, 2014
There are several people I want to thank and I want to start with that:
· Rodger and Helen– thank you for going on this journey with me and for putting up with me. When we first sat down to start planning after you were elected Grand Sentinel, we made a promise to each other that if either one of us ever had an issue or a problem with the other, we would talk about it and work it out. We haven’t always agreed on things, but we have always been honest with each other and have found a way to maintain our friendship. I couldn’t have asked for a better couple to travel this road with and I am truly grateful for you both.
· To the members of Analia Chapter, thanks for being the best Chapter in the State and for all your support and enthusiasm over the years. I couldn’t have done this without you.
· To PGM Bev Haave and MWGP John Grobler, who started me on this adventure by appointing me as one of your Chorus Line Deputies and then PGM Cheri Moll and PGP Wayne Mouat who made me their westside chairman of the Guiding Angel deputies, thank you for having confidence in me. It inspired me to have confidence in myself.
· To PGM Marilyn Hoots for appointing me as Grand Representative to my home state of Illinois. It was a privilege that I so appreciated and will remain a happy memory forever.
· To the Portrait Grand Family who are my rocks, and especially PGM Diane Osborne, your friendship and support through the years has allowed me to weather many storms and I couldn’t have done this without you.
· To the other Grand Families in which I have served, the Starlights, PaceSetters and Lightkeepers, thank you for making me part of your families and for all the wonderful times we have shared.
· To my session Chairmen Dianna Kaspar and Paula Sonker and their right hands, Marilyn and Bill Hoots, and to my decorations chairman Louise Day and her committee, thank you for everything you did to make this grand chapter session successful. You far exceeded my hopes and dreams and created the perfect setting for our Stars of the Heartland County Fair. You made my life so much easier and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
· To everyone who accepted a committee assignment this year, all 280 of you, thank you for everything you did to make this year successful. Your efforts are truly appreciated.
· To my Bluebird Deputies, wow, you were great. I couldn’t have asked for a better crew and I am so proud of everything you accomplished.
· To my own Happy Hearts Grand Family, we have had a rough patch or two along the way this year, but we have weathered the storms and remained friends. I am so proud of you and the work you have done. I couldn’t have asked for a better group to share this year with and I am grateful to each and every one of you for everything you have done to make this year successful.
Basically, I’m a very simple person. I’ve always been a bit of a loner and a nerd, a small town girl from rural Southern Illinois. Until I started on this journey, I lived a fairly quiet and peaceful life away from Eastern Star and work. Many of you who haven’t known me for a long time, may find it hard to believe that talking to people, being outgoing, standing up in front of people and being a leader are things that are way out of my comfort zone. I’m more comfortable in the background, supporting and assisting than holding the gavel.
The reason that I stand before you today in this position, is the training, nurturing, friendship and encouragement I have received from all of my mentors and friends in the Order of the Eastern Star. Without you, I would never have the courage to take this journey. Thank you for allowing me the privilege of serving you this year.
As I said in all my official visits, there is not one person in this room who is more important than anyone else. You ALL matter. Remember in everything you do to Live, Love, Laugh and Be Grateful!
Jr. Past Grand Matron